HP Printers are widely being accessed for quality and affordable printing solutions. At some point in time, HP Printers may show minor or major issues like HP Printer Not Printing Black. When your printer stops printing black ink, most probably the printer is running out of ink or the printhead nozzle is blocked. No matter what actually causes this problem, it is extensively required to eradicate it as soon as possible. In this post, we tried to include as many possible solving tricks as we can so that you will sort it out in no time. Let’s dig into the provided solutions and implement them accordingly.
Reasons For HP Printer Not Printing Black Issue
No one wants to get into this trouble but still, sometimes HP Printer Won’t Print Black for some reason or no reason. Here we’ve listed the most feasible causes that could lead to this error. Check out:
- Clogged Printhead problem
- Inappropriate installation of ink cartridges
- Paper Settings are probably incorrectly adjusted
- Low/empty ink level
- Outdated printer drivers
It is however too much frustrating when you are stuck with a printer that won’t print black. But, no need to wag off if HP Printer Stops Printing Black as there are productive solving methods to implement. Feast your eyes on this post as the solution is at your fingertips.
Solutions To Getting Rid Of The HP Printer Not Printing Black Problem
Here’s a simple and proactive fixing procedure that will help you to get your HP Printer to print in black color. Thus, don’t feel blue if your HP Printer Won’t Print Black dark enough. Just go through the methods mentioned beneath in order to eliminate the printer not printing black issue. Let’s Start:
Solution 1: Deep Cleaning The Clogged Printhead
HP Printers with clogged printhead nozzles won’t let you print in black color. Thus, cleaning the printhead is the best way to solve a print quality issue. Hence, you are suggested to use a paper towel in order to completely clean the clogged printhead.
Furthermore, you can run an automated tool to politely clean the printhead. Here’s the complete step to do so:
- First, load plain white paper into the input tray
- Now, touch the button next to the “Setup” icon in the lower-left corner of the control panel.
- Now, click the right-arrow to select the “Tools” menu
- And then, click “OK”
- Now, click the right-arrow button to choose “Clean Printhead”
- And then, press the “OK” tab
- Now, the printer immediately begins the cleaning process.
- Once the clogged printhead gets fully cleaned, print a test page to the print quality.
If still, HP Printer Not Printing Black, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Identify Low/Empty Ink Cartridges
The HP Printer Black Ink Not Printing problem can be generally caused by low ink or empty ink. Additionally, if you do not use genuine HP Ink Cartridges, you will be continuously facing printer not printing in black color problem. Howsoever, if required, you can replace the empty ink by executing the following course of actions:
- Press the “Power” button to turn on the printer.
- Slightly open the cartridge door. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Now, remove the new cartridge from its packaging and then slightly pull the tab to remove the plastic tape.
- Afterward, carefully hold the cartridge with the nozzles toward the printer.
- Then, insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot until it snaps into place.
- Now, push the cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into its place.
- You can repeat the above steps for replacing the other cartridge.
- Finally, close the cartridge door.
After replacing your black ink, start printing a test page to check if your problem is been solved. If HP Printer Won’t Print Black ink yet, move to the next solving guide.
Solution 3: Use Scan Doctor
Using Scan Doctor is a great way to troubleshoot common printer problems even including HP Printer Not Printing Black problem. Here’s how you can use this utility to fix the issues:
- First, visit the HP Official page
- Now, tap the HP Print and Scan Doctor link
- Doing this will help to download the setup wizard
- Now, you have to click on “HPPSdr.exe” to install it.
- Afterward, tap on the “Start” button and then click the “Next” button.
- Now, finally, click on the “Fix Printing” option to resolve the printer not printing black problem.
Contact Deft Connoisseurs For Advanced Fixing Tips
Are you still struggling with the HP Printer Not Printing Black problem? Even after appropriately implementing the aforesaid directives, the printer won’t print black. Don’t worry! Just approach us via dialing the 24×7 helpline number. Your print quality problem will be solved by one of the expert tech geeks.