If you are planning to learn automatic car driving, and want to know, how to learn and what is gear shifting. Is automatic driving really hard to learn?
Well, This is not too hard. An automatic car has a different gearbox system than manual driving. In manual driving, you need to use pedal driving which means you use a clutch by pressing from the left foot. While the automatic car has no clutch pedal. So your left food can take rest.
Understand Gear Shifting Lever
We already know that a manual car has 5 forward gears and 1 reverse gear shifting lever. While an automatic car has a different pattern of gearbox system. It takes some time to master and need practice to become an expert.
So the automatic car has a commonly 4 gear system
- P (Park): This is a neutral gear, when you want to park your car then using this gear is good, it locked the car’s wheel and turns off the engine. So can use it before the starting car.
- R (Reverse): you can consider this gear as in manual car’s reverse gear, use this gear to reverse the car.
- N (Neutral): This gear is used to stop your car and remain neutral when you are outside and want to stop in the market and traffic for a while.
- D (Drive): This gear is for driving the car you don’t need to worry about changing the gear. It automatically changes from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and so on according to speed.
Types of automatic gearboxes
Before learning automatic car driving, you must know various types of automatic gearboxes
Conventional automatic gearboxes
This is a more refined gearbox, which is known as a “torque converter” this gearbox is used in a wide range, most luxuries car’s like range rover comes with conventional automatic transmission
Continuously variable transmissions (CVT)
CVT is an automatic transmission, we do not need to manually change between forwarding gears or operate a clutch pedal. It is one of the special clutchless gearboxes
Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)
As the name mention “Dual Clutch” A dual-clutch transmission (DCT) is a multi-speed car transmission system that combination of two different clutches gear sets.
Automated manual gearboxes
It is also known as a Semi-Automatic gearbox. It is a manual transmission that shifts gears without touching the clutch. It combines two major components: a system and electronic control and hydraulic actuator, that’s why it is also called a hybrid system
Advantages of Automatic Gearboxes
- There is less chance of parts failure like reduce change to failure clutch control, broken gearbox, etc.
- Automatic car driving is easy to learn, as it has easy-to-understand automatic gear patterns and is more efficient than a manual car.
- automatic car speed up quickly, Many dual-clutch transmissions, have the ability to change gear very quickly than humans.
Be Familiar with manual driving
If you are still not comfortable with the automatic car’s clutchless feature, it is best to first master the gears. Get familiar with a manual car gear system and understand the basics of wheel rotations. Once you master the traditional gear system then you are ready to learn Automatic Car Driving like a true eligible person.
Drive automatic car first time
Now you are more aware of manual driving, its time to drive an automatic car, keep in mind these initial steps to drive
- Put the right foot on the left pedal (break) and push it a little down.
- Now, start the car with the start button and key.
- Keep your food on break until select the gear
- Moe the gear liver on D-drive or R-Revers mode depends on your choices.
- Now you can slowly increase your speed.
when you reached your destination, select N(Neutral) gear while putting the breakdown and turn off the engine
Join some driving schoolsTips for Automatic Car Driving
If you want to become a driving expert soon, then you can learn from driving schools. You can book your automatic driving lessons. You will be trained by professional driving instructors.