The city of Guwahati is known as one of the best possible cities and the largest city in the state of Assam. It is also the largest possible metropolis in the entire northeastern region of India which makes it one of the most preferred destinations to start the journey to other areas in the region. This place has been very well sandwiched between the river Brahmaputra on one side and the Shillong Plateau on the other side.
Planning out the stay in this particular city in the hotel options like Nakshatra Hotel Guwahati is considered to be a great idea and some of the basic places to be visited have been explained as follows:
- Umananda temple: This temple is a Shiva temple which is located on the peak of the island in the middle of the river Brahmaputra. This island is very much famous as the smallest inhabited river line Island in the world. This particular country will be helpful in providing people with boating elements every time of the day so that visitors can go to the island without any kind of doubt. The mountain on which the temple has been built is known as BHASMACALA.
- Kamakhya Temple: This particular place is one of the most important places in the city of Guwahati and is one of the most important shrines of Goddess Shakti in India. This particular temple is known as the highest possible temple with the power of divinity and is also one of the oldest and revert places for Tantrik purposes and practises. This temple is very well Dug Dug during the AmbuBaci festival.
- Zoo: Visiting the zoo in this particular city is also considered to be a great idea because it is spread across 130 acres of land which is a very major tourist attraction. The white tiger and the leopards are known as one of the most important favourite places in this particular city.
- Wildlife sanctuary: One of the major wildlife centuries of Assam is the Pobitorad life sanctuary which is located on the border of district Kamrup. This particular century is very much famous for the one-horned rhinoceros which is very much important to be visited by the tourists so that they can plan out the best possible trip to this particular city. November to February will be helpful in providing people with the best possible weather conditions to be visited this particular city.
- Brahmaputra cruise: One of the most important activities which people can carry out in the city of Guwahati is the Brahmaputra cruise which is helpful in providing people with one of the most important and romantic experiences in the city. People can even opt for a romantic candlelight dinner in this particular place so that they can enjoy the mesmerising sunset with their significant other. In this particular case, people will be able to enjoy mouthwatering food options along with live music without any kind of doubt.
- Assam State Museum: This particular museum is one of the most important places in Northeast India which will be helpful in providing people with insights into the rich culture so that ancient and modern history will be easily understood by people. It will be helpful in providing people with artefacts and sculptures dating back to the fifth-12th century.
- Planetarium: This particular planetarium is located on MG Road which is an excellent destination for universe lovers. Apart from the very basic and regular sky-watching sessions, special shows can be predicted in this particular area which will be helpful in providing people with the star attractions because they are available in the local languages including Hindi as well as English.
- Regional Science Centre: This is one of the most important science centres out of a total of 27 centres maintained and administered by the government of India’s national council of science museums. Locally this is known as a science medium because it will be housed in different kinds of rare instruments, equipment of science, demo experiment set up, museum and other associated things.
- Fancy Bazar: This is known as the Chandni Chowk of the city of Guwahati and is one of the most important flea markets in the entire Assam. This area is consisting of different kinds of tiny shops, stalls, and roadside set up another associated thing so that people can fall in love with the best possible through away prizes and can indulge in the top notch quality shopping activities.
- Iskcon Temple: This particular place is known as one of the most important landmarks of the town and is one of the most important stock market complexes located just 2 km away from the city. Beautiful idols of Krishna and his wife Rukmani shift in this particular Temple and it is also located on a hilltop which further makes it very much popular as a tourist destination. Seeking the blessings of Lord Krishna by visiting this particular place is very much important for individuals.
- CHANDUBI lake:This particular place is the earthquake-borne natural lake which is located at the foot of GARO Hills and is surrounded by Meghalaya and Assam. This is one of the most important and peaceful places surrounded by tea gardens, deforest and tiny villages so that people can enjoy the best possible picnic spot in this particular case without any kind of issues.
- HAJO: This is the ancient pilgrim centre which will be helpful in providing people with attraction for different kinds of religions including the Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist. The shrines are perfectly dedicated to the Shiva, Vishnu, Buddha, Durga and Muslim saints which are all over the place and or helpful in providing people with multiple benefits without any kind of doubt.
Apart from the above-mentioned points, people can very easily plan out the visit to different other kinds of places in the city but further undertaking the hotel options like Nakshatra Hotel Guwahati is considered to be a good idea.