Real estate agents function as a middleman between sellers and buyers of residential and commercial real estate. Many individuals hire a real estate agent to assist them with the process because purchasing or selling property may be complex and time consuming. ( professional indemnity insurance Malaysia)
Why is Professional Indemnity Insurance Required for Real Estate Agents?
The following are some of the general obligations and duties of real estate agents:
- Act as a go-between in discussions between buyers and sellers, representing one side or the other.
- To assess a property’s market price, compare it to similar homes that have previously sold.
- Provide clients with information about market circumstances, prices, mortgages, legal requirements, and other related topics.
- Advertisements, open houses, and participation in multiple listing services can all help to boost property sales.
- Prepare contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds, and leases, among other paperwork.
- Clients can see and learn about commercial, industrial, agricultural, and residential properties.
- To stay informed about real estate markets, review property listings, trade publications, and pertinent literature, as well as attend seminars and staff and association meetings.
- Provide suggestions to sellers on how to make their houses more appealing to potential buyers.
- Arrange for meetings between buyers and sellers to discuss the sale of a home.
- Before showing properties to clients, visit them to analyze them.
- In order to service clients’ property, contact utility companies.
- Act as Leasing Agents and manage properties on behalf of their owners.
Negligence by Real Estate Agents in any of the above-mentioned obligations may result in financial loss to a third party as well as legal action. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers the Real Estate Agent’s legal defense costs as well as any damages that may be owed in the event of a claim.
Key exposures for Real Estate Agents
- Failure to prove the legitimacy of work
- Failure to give sound advice.
- Schedules were not organize properly.
- Negligence in the promotion of real estate.
- Failure to organize customer sales orders and proposals.
- Creating deceptive reports based on inaccurate data and facts.
- Failure to appropriately foresee market trends leads to poor decision-making.
- Negligence in adhering to all applicable laws and business policies.
What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Professional indemnity insurance (PI) protects professionals against financial loss as a result of a disappointed client’s claim, and it pays for the Real Estate Agent’s legal defense and damages.
Why do you need Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance?
Professionals, also known as “experts” in their chosen field, are legally held to a higher standard of qualifications than ordinary individuals. As a result, if a customer loses money as a result of a specialist’s lack of professionalism, the expert might be sue for breach of professional obligation. Loss can take many different forms, including material, financial, and even physical.
Some disputes can take up to five years to be resolved, resulting in a significant legal and potential damages expenditure. This is where Professional Indemnity Insurance Malaysia comes in help, as defending a claim can be costly. Even if you successfully defend a case, you will still be “out of pocket” because most courts will only order the losing party to pay a percentage of the opposing party’s legal costs.
Who will be a good fit for PI insurance?
PI plans are typically purchase by lawyers, doctors, accountants, financial consultants, and web developers to protect their business and personal assets. PI plans, on the other hand, are now being purchase by professionals and businesses to protect their personnel across a wide range of industries.
While most insurance policies are optional, certain professional liability plans are requiring by law to be purchase in order to operate their firm.
To account for the intricacies of each business, most insurers now provide industry-specific insurance plans. As a result, you should make sure that your professional liability insurance is with an insurer that offers a specialized Architects Professional Liability Policy Wording.
Features of the Policy
Turnover determines PI premiums, while the number of employees determines PL prices. In both cases, all insurers demand a minimum premium.
We think we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and we will continue to monitor market premium levels to ensure that this is the case.
Due to variable stamp duty rates, premiums vary by state, but our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity ($1M cover)..
Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance Malaysia is requiring by law and should be carry at all times for your personal protection. If the services you offer for a customer result in a claim against that client, the client will most likely file a claim against the provider. In the event that this happens, PI insurance will cover you.
The Insurance application procedure has been structure so that it takes an average of 5 minutes to complete. In most situations, your application will be approve promptly online, and you will be able to print your Confirmation of Insurance to demonstrate that you have the necessary coverage… It’s that simple!! For your records, all other papers, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule, and terminology, will be email directly to you.
If the policy cannot be issue immediately due to a lack of information, we will contact you the next business day.
The typical insurance application takes 5 minutes. In most cases, your online application will be approve quickly, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to show you have coverage… Simple! For your records, we’ll provide you your tax invoice, policy schedule, and terms.
If the policy cannot be issued immediately due to a lack of information, we will contact you the next business day.
You will receive a renewal reminder email approximately one month prior to your policy’s renewal date, along with a link that will allow you to check your previous year’s coverage and renew the policy even faster!
* We’ve reduced the amount of referral scenarios so that the majority of applications will be accepted automatically. However, if you have a history of prior claims, we will contact you to help you complete your application with the insurer personally.
Hope you found this article useful. Don’t forget to forward this article to your friends who may be interesting in this subject !
Discover more related articles at Article Sall !
LEARN MORE ABOUT: Professional Indemnity Insurance Malaysia