Why users change OST to PST?
For the OST to PST migration, every user may have own reasons but there are some common reasons due to which users are initiating for this. Drawbacks of OST file format and advantages of Outlook PST file format are making users to change file format. Few of probable reasons behind this are mentioned below:
- MS Outlook has better features, cost-efficiency than Email clients that support OST file format.
- There is a need of internet connection to perform tasks with OST files but there is no such need with Outlook PST.
- Email clients that use OST file format are not too much advanced hence not preferred by the organizations.
- Issues like file locking in OST that restricts users to open file, encounters frequently.
- As a product of Microsoft, the MS Outlook has better security features than anyone else.
Proposed Methods to change OST to PST
The process of changing one email client mailbox to another has become a common scenario, which is the case with OST to PST migration.
There are commonly two ways to change OST file into PST-
- Manual method
- Automated OST file Converter
The manual method to export OST to PST is a technically enhanced solution, which can change OST files to PST file format in ease.
Drawbacks of the manual methods
The manual methods to change OST to PST comes with few drawbacks which are mentioned below:-
- Manual methods are time-consuming.
- Data loss or damage can occur while perusing this task.
- Requires technical expertise and granular knowledge.
- Does not support multiple migrations of OST file to PST.
To avoid such situations, one can opt for a third-party solution, which is user-friendly, efficient, and does not consume a lot of time to change OST files to PST.
Change OST to PST file using OST to PST Converter:
- Install the application in the user system.
- Run the app and Go to the add button on the ribbon bar.
- A Dialog will appear in which user needs to select the “Add folder” section and hit on the “Browse” button. Later, S/he must select the OST file’s Folder.
- Once the folder has been selected, hit on the “Add folder” button to proceed forward.
- After OST files has been added, Select “change to Outlook PST” from the ribbon bar.
- A dialog will pop up in which the users need to check/uncheck the OST files along with option to change in PST with given criteria such as target selection and filter criteria.
- Fill out all the required details as per preference.
- After the details has been fulfilled, hit on “Convert” button and wait for the process to get it completed.
- After process gets completed, you can save logs and end the process.
What features Softaken OST to PST Converter offers?
Due to the drawbacks of the manual method, users not prefer to go with the manual way hence make search for the professional tool. To execute the task with the highest perfection, Softaken OST to PST Converter offers several features that are very user-friendly. Some of the highlighted features are:
- OST Converter allows converting OST to PST as well as MBOX, EML and MSG file format.
- It supports Microsoft Exchange, Outlook that create OST file.
- OST PST Converter is also capable of changing OST files to Live Exchange Server and Office 365.
- Users can add numerous files of any size for one go; no restriction on adding multiple OST files.
- For resultant PST files, it provides options like Password protection setting, PST file format i.e. Unicode and ANSI and option to set PST file size and get rid of oversized PST files.
- OST to PST Converter is compatible with all versions of Windows O.S.
- A free trial tour of tool can also be taken by downloading the demo version that allows migration of first fifty items per folder.
Choosing a better path to change OST to PST is crucial, else it will result in improper migration and alteration in original data. Thus, if the users are looking for an adequate solution to change OST to PST, we suggest a trust-worthy solution i.e. Softaken OST to PST converter.