Sending and receiving files via email is a very simple way to share data files with other users. This allows the email tray to save the file permanently and over time leads to problems with past storage space.
If your answer to these questions is yes, you may also want to consider improving your data storage because these hard attachments weaken your Outlook. In this technical guide, we will outline some simple strategies for extracting Outlook emails to put you in a single folder.
But what if you want to save all attachments from every mail? That may take several hours or even weeks if you have hundreds or thousands of emails, as Outlook does not supply an opportunity for such a task.
There could be several explanations you may want to extract and save the attachments from the emails, such as exploration purposes, backup to the cloud, decreasing the Outlook data file or increasing the mailbox storage, etc.
This article describes how to save all attachments from an email in the same folder using Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, or 2021. You will also learn a resolution to automatically save all the attachments from all your emails in Outlook to a folder on your computer is simply a few clicks.
How to save outlook attachments to the default folder manually?
Approach #1: Select & Extract PST Email Attachments
At first, open MS Outlook and choose the mail from which you need to save attachments
Now, right-click the selected email and select Save All Attachments option and click OK
Mention the location to place the extracted Outlook attachment
Approach #2: Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder via VBA
Once the Outlook application is opened, launch VBA using “Alt+F11” keys
After that, you need to import VBA Macro to extract Outlook attachments to a folder from the link mentioned below:
From the VBA Editor, navigate to File>>Import File>> upload mAttachmentSaver.bas file>> click Open
Then, go back to the Outlook application and choose all or required emails from which you need to extract all attachments to a folder
Using Alt+F8 keys, open the Macro wizard. Make sure to enable all macros before beginning this process
Then, select ExecuteSaving>> Run>> Browse For Folder option>> provide the folder path to extract Outlook attachments to a folder
Free solution to extract attachments from PST files
To freely extract attachments from the Outlook PST files
- Start your Microsoft Outlook application.
- Open the email from which you want to extract the attachment.
- Point your mouse cursor over one of the attached attachments and right-click on it. Then select the Save All Attachments option from the drop-down list.
- Next, the Save All Attachment window will open.
- Click OK to continue.
- Then, browse and specify a folder on your system to save this email attachment. After specifying a method.
- Click the OK option to complete the extraction
These are the steps for completing the extraction of the attachments from the Outlook PST files manually. But before knowing let us know about the hurdles that are faced by the users to extract attachments from PST files. The hurdles are:
- Takes a lot of time for the users
- Chances of data loss are more
- Users can not select the bulk number of files to extract
Note:- Both processes are good for some special email attachments but for complete email item attachments, this process is not beneficial. To extract multiple data item email attachments, both processes will be lengthy and there may also be a possibility of data file loss.
Benefits Of Using Tool
- Remove attachments from bulk Outlook PST files
- Retain metadata and data file properties unchanged
- Maintain folder hierarchy of Outlook PST file attachments
- Performs with both ANSI & Unicode MS Outlook PST files
- Remove attachments from PST files of any size
- Self-illustrative steps to carry out an email attachment process
To run the tool, MS Outlook 2013 any below version installation is mandatory on the user’s machine. Windows 8.1/8/7 and Vista users are required to run the tool as Administrators. There were no special system requirements for the tool, some general specifications are required that are capable to handle any system.
Basic Details About Tool
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Version: 2.0
- Basic Function: Extract all Attachment from the PST file
- Trail Facility: Demo Version
- Spyware and Malware free: Norton and McAfee secure
- Microsoft Windows Support: 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1, 10
- MS Outlook Versions: 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 2021
An easy method to extract attachments from PST files
For easy and reliable extraction of the Outlook PST files, users have to go through these few
steps. Let us follow these steps to extract attachments from PST files:
- Open the app and choose the files
- Get a preview of these files
- Now, locate the path to save the extracted file
- Finally, click on the extract button
These steps are easy to be followed by any user and without any chances of error, users are able to carry the extraction of the attachments from the Outlook PST files.
Why users must choose this app?
Users must choose this advanced application as:
- It is easy to be used
- Provides many advanced features
- Convenient to be used
- No data loss or data corruption is there
Some amazing features
Here are some of the features that are provided by this amazing application. Let us go through these features:
- Easy to handle: This advanced tool is easy to be used by any user and any novice user can use this amazing application. No hurdle is faced by the users using this advanced application.
- Great accuracy: Without any kind of error users are able to get an accurate result every single time. No error is faced by the users while getting the accurate result.
- Advanced GUI: The application promotes an advanced Graphical User Interface for the users so that every user is able to interact with this application.
- Direct extraction: Users can all extract attachments from Outlook PST files directly without any hurdle. The application is independent and users do not need to be dependent on any other tool.
- Any size extraction: From small to big-sized attachments can be easily extracted using this advanced application.
Safe and User friendly
- Outlook Attachment Extractor Tool is designed with modern technology that will hold your data file safe and secure. Anyone can extract attachments from PST with its simple and self-descriptive wizard.
- Unlimited Files Extraction: Using this Outlook Attachment Extractor tool, you can extract unlimited PST attachment files in a single process. You don’t have to waste your time repeating the process for a single file.
- Maintains Folder Structure: This comprehensive tool provides an option to maintain the folder structure and save all attachments from PST in their respective email folders. If you want to save all the files in a single folder, you can choose the No Folder Hierarchy option.
- Choose Destination Folder: Extract PST Attachment Tool provides another great option to give the flexibility to save the extracted PST attachment files at a user-specified location. This makes the management of files easier.
- Retains Data Integrity: The tool used to extract all attachments from MS Outlook files will keep the goodness of data forever. The user will get the exact files without hampering the quality of the data. So, don’t worry about the originality of the files.
- Free Demo: PST Attachment extractor comes with a Trial performance using which you can assess the working of the utility. You can extract a few attachment files from the PST folder free of cost. And if the tool seems worth buying, you can any time purchase the licensed version.
This is one of the amazing applications that a user can use. A free trial version is also unrestricted for the users. Users can extract a few of the attachments from the Outlook PST files using this demo version. Also, if users are suitable with this free demo version then they can buy the licensed version.