Outlook, webmail, and QuickBooks own email, are all available as email options. Due to the availability of these options for various editions, you might not find all three alternatives for the same version. While sending form preferences in QuickBooks, Outlook might occasionally not be present in some circumstances. You don’t need to worry, though, as we have answers to all of queries. In this article, we’ll acquaint you with the various methods to fix Outlook is missing in send forms preferences in QuickBooks.
Causes behind Outlook missing in Send Forms Preferences in QuickBooks
- The Outlook version is not supported by the QuickBooks desktop version.
- Using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- No Outlook profile was made.
- Outlook’s default email setting is not active.
- Outlook is not yet set up.
How can I troubleshoot Outlook send form preferences in QuickBooks?
You can take the aid of following methods to resolve the issue related to form preferences in QuickBooks.
1st Method: Clean install M.S. Office and QuickBooks
- Open the Control Panel.
- Visit Programs and Features.
- Herein, uninstall both QuickBooks and M.S. Office.
- Later on, get both of them reinstalled on your system.
- You will need to type in your correct license key while resetting the QuickBooks on the system.
2nd Method: Examine the compatibility of Outlook with QuickBooks
- First, open Outlook and click on the Help menu.
- Choose Microsoft Office Outlook from the Help menu.
- Once the version information and build number have been verified, verify the version of Outlook to make sending and configuring emails easier.
- Then, to find out the version of Outlook you have, look in your QuickBooks ribbons.
- Verify the Outlook version that is compatible with QuickBooks Desktop.
3rd Method: Setting Outlook as the Default Email Program
Steps for Outlook Email 2010/2013:
- Start by selecting the File Tab in Outlook.
- After that, select Options.
- Select the option to Make Outlook the default program for email, contacts, and calendars checkbox under the Startup settings tab.
Steps for Outlook 2007 and earlier versions:
- Initially, choose Tools.
- Then, select Options.
- Select the Other tab.
- Under the General options, check the box beside the option to Make Outlook the default email program.
- If you have multiple QuickBooks profiles, you can decide which one to open Outlook with each time. QuickBooks won’t be able to see a profile if it isn’t set as the default. Choose a profile, then check the box next to Set as default.
4th Method: Making Internet Explorer the default browser.
- Head over to the Tools section of the Internet Explorer browser.
- After that, go to Internet Options.
- Select the tab for programs.
- Adhere to the directions for the Internet Explorer version you are using.
Steps for Internet Explorer 9.0, 8.0, and 7.0 versions
- Select the option to Set Programs from the bottom menu.
- From the drop-down menu, you must select the option to set your default programs.
- Choose the email programs.
- Click OK after choosing to make this program the default.
- Select the option to Set computer defaults and program access.
- Opt for M.S. Windows
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose the option to use my current Microsoft email application.
- Finally, select OK.
Steps for Internet Explorer 6.0
- Initially, Reopen Internet Explorer after closing it.
- Thereafter, choose Tools.
- Click on Internet options.
- Thereafter, select the Programs tab.
- In internet-based applications, choose Outlook as your email client.
- Select OK.
- Click on the Edit menu, you should select Preferences.
- Select the option to Send Forms, and then select the My Preferences tab.
- Sign into your email in the section labelled send email using.
5th Method: Altering the Mail Profile settings
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click the Start button to access the Control Panel.
- Pick Mail from the results list.
- Next, pick Show Profile from the menu.
- The option to always show this Profile can be found after selecting Outlook.
- It assists in setting up the outlook profile for QuickBooks.
6th Method: Make changes to the WIN.INI file.
Initially, hit on the Windows key.
- Type in C: Windows, followed by hitting Enter.
- Opt for the WIN.INI file and right-click the file.
- Choose the copy option.
- Now, head to some another destination and paste the file there after right-clicking the folder.
- Next step demands heading back to C:/ Windows and opening WIN.INI file.
- You should be able to see different types of headings. Herein, opt for [EMAIL].
- You need to hide [Mail] section and afterward, add the same to the end of the file
- If the [Mail] section shows up there, but the text as depicted below is not present, add it.
- When you’re done making changes to the file, save it and then close it.
- Return to QuickBooks.
- Soon after opening QuickBooks, hit on the Edit menu and then the Preferences option.
- Click on Email Form Preferences.
- Verify that the issue has been resolved.
- If the error is still existing, then revert the Win.ini file back to its earlier state.
7th Method: Repairing Outlook
- Use the Start Menu to access the Control Panel.
- Then, head to Programs and Features.
- Choose Outlook and then repair the program.
- Choose the Continue option to move forward and culminate the repair process.
Making use of the Office Uninstall Support Tool
- First, download the Office Uninstall Support Tool from the official Intuit website.
- Next, run the “Setup Prod OffScrub.exe” file located in the download directory.
- Select Outlook to completely uninstall it from your computer after that.
- The installation must then be finished by restarting the computer.
- Reinstall Outlook or the Microsoft Office package completely.
- Check to see if the issue was resolved.
We reach to the end. By this stage you should be able to fix Outlook is missing in send forms preferences in QuickBooks issue. If you need further help regarding the issue, reach us out via our helpline at 1 800 761 1787.
Also read: convert MBOX files to PDF