We are all aware that QuickBooks desktop is one of the most well-known accounting software applications used by businesses all over the world. While using this software, you may encounter a few technical issues. This article was written with the goal of discussing QuickBooks Error Code C=51, its causes, and solutions.
If you’re having trouble with this, we recommend that you read this post all the way through.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
In general, QuickBooks error number C=51 appears on the screen, along with the message “QuickBooks is unable to locate the TxList file.” This error can also occur when a user attempts to remove txList from the txLists list but QuickBooks is unable to locate it. This error notice may also appear when the user attempts to remove a transaction file from a report.
If you’ve also encountered Error code C=51 and are looking for a quick fix, don’t worry; our QuickBooks Error Support team has covered practically every conceivable remedy in this post. You can, however, contact our professional experts, who have years of experience and competence in resolving QB-related issues.
To correct the problem, follow these simple steps:
When QuickBooks error code C=51 occurs, it causes your software to cease working. Also, because this error has the potential to lose crucial data files, we recommend that you make a backup of your firm files. We’ve included a few short procedures for resolving this issue below. However, with the assistance of our QuickBooks data recovery support staff, you may remedy this problem.
How to Fix Error Code C=51 in QuickBooks
Required Files for quickly recovering and resolving all QuickBooks data files.
- First and foremost, the user requires the Corrupted QuickBooks Data file (.QBW).
- Transaction Log files (.TLG) are located in the same folder as the corrupted data QBW file.
- Any backup of QB data files from the past (.QBW, .QBB or .QBM).
Step 1: Repair your data files as a first step.
- The most critical step in troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code c=51 is to fix your data file in the same versions of QuickBooks.
- To use the repaired data file, you do not need to upgrade your QuickBooks version.
Step 2: Rebuild the Data
- To begin, the user must first close the QuickBooks accounting program.
- The next step is to close all of the QuickBooks windows.
- The QuickBooks program was then restarted.
- After that, the user must retry the activity that resulted in the C=51 error.
- Rebuild the data in a format for version 7 or later.
It’s worth noting that the data recovery technique is available for all files from all QuickBooks versions. The user does not need to upgrade their QuickBooks version to use these corrected files.
Step 3: Make use of the most recent version of QuickBooks.
- When a user tries to restore all backup files, you must update QuickBooks to the newest release or use the same or latest version to resolve the error.
- In this approach, a user can effortlessly restore backup data in QuickBooks using the most recent version.
Step 4: Restore your backup.
Restore all of your backup files, and then copy them to a new folder by pressing the Ctrl + C keys.
- Once the backup has been produced, the user should check the file size to ensure it is not less than 6 MB.
- To double-check the file sizes and ensure that they are correct, right-click the file and pick Properties from the context menu.
- If the file is less than 6 MB in size, it is not a genuine backup; the user must now create a new backup file from the working file.
Step 5: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- There are numerous causes for this, all of which have an impact on your company’s data file.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor must be downloaded and installed by the user. Identify corrupted company files in QB and then take steps to prevent them.
We believe that following these troubleshooting procedures will assist the user in resolving QuickBooks Error C=51. The problem may not always be fixed by following the procedures above, and the user may become frustrated. Currently, the Pro Accountant Advisor team can assist you in eliminating these types of problems.
Feel free to call our QuickBooks Error support number, +1-844-947-4350, to speak with one of our specialists and resolve all types of QuickBooks difficulties with the help of the greatest accountants, CPAs, and Intuit Certified ProAdvisors in the United States. Don’t worry; you can get expert advice by calling our helpline number, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We provide services 24×7, with complete resolution guaranteed within a specified time frame.